Sunday, January 13, 2008

Proverbial Verbosity

"Somewhere Between Raising Hell & Amazing Grace" was too long for the web address but I wanted to share it as it accurately describes where I'm at and who I am. It's from a country song by Big & Rich and it's just a great song.

"Proverbial Verbosity", however, describes why I write. Here's why:

1) Proverbs: a collection of moral sayings and counsels forming a book of canonical Jewish and Christian Scripture. I hope to contribute some things I've learned and am learning to the greater blogging community and hopefully THE WORLD! After taking GEN-300 and a prophets class at Dordt, it seems the only natural response is to help people in a way that God would want. So, this is one way I hope to do that.

2) Verbosity: (a) containing more words than necessary (b) given to wordiness. I hope to explore my creativity, word usage and persuasive technique. I I plan to do a lot of writing in my life. Books, music, poetry, chapels, lectures, etc. I may be spreading myself thin within the realm of writing but at least I've established that God wants me to write and use it for His glory.

So, here's to God!

IN HIM
THRU HIM
FOR HIM

No comments: